domingo, 14 de janeiro de 2018

Mirror



Many times we are not able to see things about ourselves. It may be fear of looking into the mirror, or a lack of reflection.

There are some experiences that we go through and sometimes we find no reference, and others that we can see it while we observe other people going through similar things.

We can see, observe and see ourselves there. It may be an experience that you never passed, but in this case, it is more difficult, unless you have a good empathy, because usually, that thing we never experienced, we would not relate. If you have empathy you can try to "put yourself in the other person`s shoes" but just imagining how would it feel.

When we actually go through the same, or similar experience, we know the feeling, so we have a record in the memory.

Memory works with feelings, and it keeps a good record of experiences, especially when there is an emotional charge involved, being good or bad.

So when someone is telling us something that we also lived, and that thing has some kind of emotion, we can relate, and many times it becomes a mirror, when used wisely.

Not using it as a crutch, like having to seek for the answer in the others, to try to get the others to give you things, or wait for their judgment. Not that.

Not by just a comparison, but as a tool of Self Observation. You can listen to the person telling you, watch her actions, give your opinion, and you have that internal feeling "I have been there". But you just kindly say a few things, not as a teacher who knows everything and wants to teach everything, but maybe just as a wise friend who could say some things in order to help the other. And the interesting part, when you see yourself "again" in the same context, when you even listen to your own words, you revisit the situation, in the past, you analyse it, from your perspective, your own experience, and you can see it under a different "sunlight" , or under the light of the stars...

My point is, that for me, I try to get the most I can from what can teach me, what can make me a better person, even if having to revisit all kinds of experiences, that may bring some "not very good'' memories.

But usually, they are the good ones. And I also feel glad, when I see people going through such good experiences, that I passed in some moment in my life, and I know that it was life-changing. I know that there are experiences that are a bit painful when you awake for a reality that is just as it is, but it is like watching a new day coming...."it was dark, now it`s sunrise"*.

I feel glad many things bring me back good memories, and I can go through these pages of my own book, read some things that will make me smile, have a surprise because some things I may have forgotten, and use these things in my present moment somehow.

And there are some processes that do not happen just once, and specific processes that may even last a lifetime. There are experiences that keep repeating, under a new stage, and they may even take lifetimes.

So we need to be wise, to have our memories, to be kind when observing others experiences,, and find ways to learn, always learn from what we do.

* Hypnotised - Coldplay

** My special thanks for some special and cherished people who somehow were and have been a mirror and an inspiration for me to keep going.
And my deep and respectful thanks for everything related to this Path that through my inner compass has been guiding me.

Em Hotep.

"My soul is my compass. My inner master. The map of my past, candle of my present and omen of my future. ☥"
~ Luis Marques, 03.07.2014



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário